Tuesday, June 2, 2015

It's been a really long time since I've posted!  I recently started working and it's really cutting into my time at home.  My house is a wreck, my kids are bored and I miss my simple life.  Don't get me wrong, I really like my new job.  I love what I do, my co workers are awesome and I work for a great company.  But I feel like something is....missing.  Or maybe it's that I'm zooming through my week in anticipation of the weekend.  Then the weekend comes and I'm so busy playing catch up, trying to spend time with my kids and hubby, and the next thing I know it's Monday.

I've always been a firm believer that women CAN'T have it all.  We can't give 100% to our marriage, our children, our homes and our careers.  Something has to give.  Right now, I don't know what's giving in my household.  I know that me working is taking a lot of pressure off of my husband.  I know that my kids wish I was home with them...but when I was home with them, they were always wondering when I would get a job. haha  Cant please everyone, I guess.  My house is no where near as clean as I'd like it.  We're having take out at least 3 times a week and we don't sit together at the dinner table every night like we used to. 

Yesterday, I saw my kids for less than an hour, total.  I came home from work and they were ready to go to their friends houses to spend the night. 

Maybe I'm not trying hard enough?  Maybe there is a middle ground that I'm not finding?  Maybe this isn't the right job for me?  Maybe I need to do a little thinking and soul searching?

If nothing else, I got this off of my chest.  I feel a little better.  But now, it's time for me to walk past the mountain of laundry, the piles of clutter and a couple dust bunnies to my bedroom so I can get ready for work. 

<3

No comments:

Post a Comment