Monday, September 15, 2014

A couple days ago, I mentioned that I was going to make a Cinnamon Roll Bread recipe that a friend had shared on Facebook.  Well, I made it and it was fantastic!!  It tastes very similar to a Cinnamon Roll cake recipe that I have, but this one is a bit lighter. Also it only makes a loaf and not an entire 9x13 pan full of cake, so not a ton of leftovers to be eating for days after. :)








I took some pictures to share, but I can't get the loaded for some reason. :(  As soon as I figure it out I will post some pictures.  


But, for now, I will post the recipe.  I have no idea where the recipe came from..a friend posted it on facebook, and if I could I would give credit to whoever wrote it.  If you know, let me know and I will definitely share that info!!


Easy Cinnamon Roll Bread
Bread-
2 cups flour
1 T baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg, at room temperature
1 cup milk
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup sour cream or greek yogurt

Swirl-

1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
2 T butter, melted and cooled slightly

Glaze
1/2 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tsp milk

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.  Butter or spray a glass loaf pan.

In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.  Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk egg, milk, vanilla and yogurt or sour cream.  Add the flour mixture to egg mixture, stirring with spoon just until combined.  Pour into prepared pan.

In a small bowl, stir swirl ingredients.  Drop by spoonfuls onto top of bread; use knife to swirl.

Bake for 45-50 minutes or until center tests done.

Remove from oven and cool for 15 minutes in pan.  Cool completely on rack out of pan.

Make glaze and drizzle on top.



Have a great day!!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment