Monday, June 22, 2015

Meal Plan Monday

Happy Monday!  This weekend flew by!  I cannot believe I'm already starting the week.  However, I do have my menu done and I will share it now. :)


Hubby has seen the menu and he likes the idea that it's posted in our house for everyone to see.  That way there isn't really any planning involved during the week..just pick one and cook it.  Easy peasy.

So, how was your weekend?  Ours was pretty laid back, but we had a good time.  Saturday was Hubbys birthday.  We slept in, watched movies all day (in between loads of laundry) and went out for dinner, drinks and music with my sister and bro in law.  We really enjoyed the bar/restaurant we went to to listen to music...La Cocina in Tucson.  The owner was in the dining room, helping seat people and checking on tables.  She was very friendly and welcoming.  We didn't have dinner there, but we're wanting to go back soon.  The dining room was outside in the courtyard, and there were twinkle lights everywhere.  There was also a little store that my sister and I checked out.  It was full of vintage treasures.  My favorite kind of place! 

Sunday, of course, was Fathers Day.  Hubby had a slight headache (wink, wink) so he relaxed on the couch most of the day.  I brought him toast, Gatorade and ibuprofen as needed. haha  Family Day was at my sisters so we went over around 3.  Dinner was fantastic!!  She made a turkey breast in the slow cooker and it turned out perfect!  She also made roasted brussel sprouts and a squash casserole.  So yummy.  I took over a pineapple upside down cake that I made for Hubbys bday.  (We didn't really have time to eat it on his actual bday, so we celebrated on Sunday).  I was going to do a step by step in pictures of the cake process, but I kept forgetting to take pictures, so I'll share what I got. ;)



Ok...well now my computer isn't cooperating, so maybe the picture will be there, and maybe it won't.  (It's not there..so sorry.  I did post one of the pics on Instagram, you can check it out there!)  After dinner we came home and the girls gave Hubby the cards they made him..so cute.  I love that they still make him cards.  They also gave him his surprise!!  A new dad chair!!  To most people, it's just a recliner. To us, it's a dad chair!  And he gets to pick it out.  We'll go sometime this week to pick it out.  The only thing I'm insisting on is that it's big enough for 2, because we like to cuddle!  All of us like to cuddle with Hubby, so that is a priority.

Well, that's about it for our weekend.  I'd love to hear about yours, so leave a comment, or at least a link to your blog.  I love to meet new people. :)

Have a great week!
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment