Monday, June 8, 2015

Meal Plan Monday

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a great weekend.  I ended up not getting my organizing done.  But I did get to hang out with my hubby a lot, and I will choose that over cleaning and organizing any day! :)  I even took nap on Sunday..that is a huge deal for me.  I never nap.  I feel like it's such a waste of the day.  But now that I think about it, I took a nap last Sunday, too!  haha  

So, Meal Plan Monday.  I don't do a typical meal plan.  I don't assign a certain meal to a certain day.  On Mondays, I plan what we're having for the week, and decide the night before what we'll be having from the list.  Not really a huge meal plan, but it works well for me. 

Tonight is Food Truck Round Up in my community, so we're going to go there for dinner.  So excited, we've never been and Hubby has always wanted to go.  So here is my meal plan for the week-

Monday-Food Truck Round Up
Baby Back Ribs, mashed potatoes, mushrooms
Chicken kabobs (with mushrooms, onions & peppers), mac & cheese
Pork Steaks, rice, corn
Friday- Date Night!  (maybe fish tacos)
Saturday- homemade pizza
 
Every Friday my mom takes the girls out for dinner and swimming..or whatever else they decide to do, so Hubby and I get to have a night to ourselves.  We usually go out to eat and run errands (so exciting), but since we're eating out tonight, I was thinking fish tacos sounded good.  And the girls won't eat them, so it's perfect. 
 
Well, that's our week, food wise.  Lunches will probably be leftovers for Hubby and me.  I don't like to buy convenience food, but for the summer we've stocked up on corn dogs and bagel bites for the kids.  They can make those things themselves, they like it, and kids this age want to eat constantly.  We do have other food in the house for snacking, but as far as lunches...this is what's working for now.
 
So I guess that's it for Monday morning.  Don't forget to check out my Instagram, there is a link on the side bar.  Have a great week!
 
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment